Have you heard of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)? Although it’s getting more and more attention, it’s a relatively little-known therapy. This is mostly because of the accessibility of the chambers. I have found it to be incredibly helpful both personally and with some of my clients.
Hyperbaric therapy is a powerful tool for numerous chronic health conditions including
- Autoimmune disease
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neuro-degenerative conditions
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Lyme Disease
What is HBOT?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is the use of a special pressurized chamber to treat wounds, disease and illnesses. The increased pressure inside the chamber allows extra oxygen into your body: pain and inflammation thrive in a “low oxygen” area. Therefore, as this increased oxygen enters the body it nourishes the brain cells, blood plasma, spinal fluid, bone marrow and tissues. It’s a very popular treatment for those with dementia, Alzheimer’s, strokes, Autism, OCD and tics.
Who can benefit from HBOT?
I personally used HBOT to effectively reduce inflammation and completely alleviate 3 years of chronic pain from plantar fasciitis. However, it is also very beneficial for those with….
- Infections -especially Lyme! Lyme in particular is caused by a bacteria that thrives in a low oxygen state, so increasing your oxygen level helps kill off the bacteria.
- Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS) caused by MOLD and mycotoxin.
- Autoimmune conditions like – RA, MS, Raynaud’s, Crohn’s, Diabetes, Neuropathy, Lupus
- Memory issues, Depression, PTSD
How does it work?
The combination of increased oxygen and increased pressure helps to undo the damage to tissues and organs throughout the body. HBOT saturates the blood plasma with oxygen which, in turn, reaches the areas of damage with greater efficiency, providing cells and tissue with the oxygen needed for repair.
What kind of chamber is it?
The chamber is called a mild hyperbaric chamber. Since 100% oxygen can only be prescribed by a medical doctor and pure oxygen handled very carefully, it makes it very difficult for the average person to have access to the devise. Oxy Health is the #1 manufacturer of these mild hyperbaric chambers and is the global leader in the hyperbaric community.
What do I need to know before considering HBOT?
- Because you are laying in a pressurized tube, there can be temporary discomfort to your ears. It is similar to flying in an airplane and having your ears “pop”
- If you are claustrophobic this may cause some anxiety
- If you have any mobility issues it will be difficult for you to get in the chamber
- You CANNOT unzip the chamber once it is pressurized. You Must wait for it to deflate
- No sharp objects or drinks inside the chamber
What can I do inside the chamber?
Most people play games on their phone, listen to music, meditate, read or sleep.
How long are the treatments?
It’s recommended use from Oxy Health is 60, 90 or even 2 hr treatments
What will I notice during or afterwards?
Oftentimes people report being very tired or fall asleep during treatment. Afterwards, you may feel energized, increased circulation, increased energy and vitality, improved mood and clarity.
There are so many incredible benefits in using HBOT for general health, wellness and prevention of disease. Give it a try. You have nothing to lose and EVERYTHING to gain!